The National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM®) is an association of real estate professionals who know first-hand the unique problems and challenges of managing single-family and small residential properties.
- Professional Members have successfully completed NARPM®'s 3-hour Ethics course.
- Associate Members have not completed NARPM®'s 3-hour Ethics course.
- Support Members are the trained, administrative staff for property managers.
- Affiliate Members are companies who serve or supply the residential property management profession.
Just the Facts
- A large number of single-family dwellings across the United States are non-owner occupied.
- The average number of units owned by investors is fewer than five.
- There are many properties being managed either by owners or by managers who specialize in small properties.
NARPM® Fills the Void
- As a group, managers of small residential properties oversee billions of dollars worth of assets, yet have had little or no voice in such important matters as tax law, legislation, legal document requirements, accounting practices, insurance, building codes, zoning and utilities.
- Prior to NARPM®'s inception, there was no organization to represent this large group of property managers and their clients.
Meeting the Needs of Residential Property Managers
The National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM®), founded in October 1988, provides a permanent trade organization for the residential property management industry. NARPM® continues to be the premier professional association of residential property managers, currently representing over 2000 members comprised of real estate agents, brokers, managers and their employees.
- NARPM® promotes a high standard of business ethics, professionalism and fair housing practice. The Association also certifies its members in the standards and practices of the residential property management industry and promotes continuing professional education.
- NARPM® is an association of real estate professionals who know first-hand the unique problems and challenges of managing single-family and small residential properties.
- NARPM® members know that education and communication raise the level of our profession, so that we may better represent our clients.
- NARPM® is here to represent the interest of property managers.
- NARPM® wants professionals like you!
NARPM® Membership Regions
To better serve our members and plan various conferences, NARPM® membership is divided into seven regions. To view and download the sectional map, click here.